Researchers in Hokudai Network for Global Sustainability
- Professor, Naval Postgraduate School,
- >>Read Research Interest
Prof. Wieslaw Maslowski, Naval Postgraduate School, delivered a speech titled “When will summer Arctic sea ice disappear?” at the symposium on "Drastic Change in the Earth System during Global Warming" which was held as a part of Hokkaido University's Sustainability Weeks 2008 on 24 June, 2008.
>>Program of the symposium on "Drastic Change in the Earth System during Global Warming"
Speech abstract and Presentation Data are as follows;
This symposium was held on June 24, 2008 at Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan as a part of Hokkaido University Sustainability Weeks 2008. It is reported here for wider audiences to share the most recent update on five hot issues which are considered to be crucial as positive feedback mechanisms, distinct indicators and for their severe impact on human society.
◆Date : June 24, 2008
◆Venue : Hokkaido University Conference Hall
◆Main Organizer(s) : Hokkaido University Initiative for Sustainable Development (HUISD), Faculty of Environmental Earth Science, Institute of Low Temperature Science
◆Language : English
Speech by Prof. Motoyoshi Ikeda
- Arctic Oceanography
- Sea Ice Dynamics and Thermodynamics
- Numerical Ocean and Sea Ice Modeling
- Ocean General Circulation
- Climate Change and Prediction
- Maslowski, W., J.L. Clement Kinney, D.C. Marble, J. Jakacki（ 2008）, Towards eddy-resolving models of the Arctic Ocean, in AGU book volume on“ Ocean Modeling in Eddying Regime”, M. Hecht and H.Hasumi eds., in print.
- Maslowski, W., R. Roman, J. Clement Kinney（ 2008） Effects of mesoscale eddies on the flow of the Alaskan Stream. J. Geophys. Res., in print.
- Maslowski, W., J.L. Clement, J. Jakacki（ 2007）, Towards Prediction of Environmental Change, Computing in Science and Engineering, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 29-34.
- Maslowski, W., D. Marble, W. Walczowski, U. Schauer, J. L. Clement, and A. J. Semtner,（ 2004）, On climatological mass, heat, and salt transports through the Barents Sea and Fram Strait from a pan-Arctic coupled ice-ocean model simulation, J. Geophys. Res., 109, C03032, doi:10.1029/2001JC001039.
- Maslowski, W., W.H. Lipscomb: High-resolution Simulations of Arctic Sea Ice During 1979-1993, Polar Research, 22, 67-74, 2003.
- Maslowski, W., D.C. Marble, W. Walczowski, A.J. Semtner: On Large Scale Shifts in the Arctic Ocean and Sea Ice Conditions during 1979-1998, Annals of Glaciol., V. 33, pp. 545-550, 2001.
- Stroeve, J., and W. Maslowski（, 2007）. Arctic Sea Ice Variability during the last half century, in‘ Climate Variability and Extremes During the Past 100 Years’, Eds. S. Bronniman et al., Springer.